A few months ago a friend of mine gave me this recipe, I was a little sceptical because I am not a huge fan of eggplant but after trying this recipe I am now!
It is really easy to prepare, just requires some time chopping vegetables. I like serving this over rice with chicken sausage.
Roasted Eggplant and Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 head of garlic
- Dried basil
- 3 Tbsps of oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the eggplant into 1 inch chunks, the tomatoes in half and dice the onion into medium sized pieces. Place in a large bowl with whole peeled garlic from one head.
- Toss vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Spread onto one or two cookie sheets and bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven
- Sprinkle vegetables with dry basil and return to the oven for another 10 minutes
- Sprinkle vegetables with parmesan or feta