I always love a good bowl recipe, anything asian inspired and anything colorful. Peanut sauce is quite rich so use it sparingly and don't forget to cook the rice ahead of time (this always gets me with the bowl recipes).
Thai Chicken Rice (or Quinoa) Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 medium chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped and divided
For the Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Cook rice
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl then microwave for 20 seconds. STir until smooth then set aside. Whisk together egg and sesame oil in a small bowl and then set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet and stir fry until no longer pink. Remove to a plate then set aside.
- Heat remaining teaspoon peanut oil in skillet then add coleslaw mix, frozen edamame, and green onions. Stir fry until tender, 2-3 minutes, then push to outsides of skillet, creating a clear space in the centre. Add egg whisked with sesame oil to center of skillet then stir fry until soft scrambled.
- Add cooked chicken, rice, sauce, and half the chopped peanuts to skillet then toss to combine. Serve with remaining chopped peanuts.