This is one of those recipes I had little hope for but it turned out delicious! I wanted to make a slow cooker dish so that I would have lots of time to get started on painting the mudroom (which I did) I like adding spinach to things because it wilts and so doesn't take up a lot of space in a dish but is packed with health.
I prepared a lot of this meal the night before. I chopped the onion and carrots and sliced the sun-dried tomatoes. I put all those ingredients in the slow cooker ceramic and put it in the fridge.
Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach Beef
adapted from Companys Coming Slow Cooker DinnersIngredients
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour (I used Gluten-Free)
- 1 lb. beef stew meat (2 packages of stewing beef)
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups prepared chicken broth
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 tbsp. liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 bag of spinach
- Measure flour into large resealable freezer bag. Add beef . Seal bag. Toss until coated. Put beef into 3- 4 qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle in remaining flour.
- Add next 6 ingredients. Stir well. Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Skim and discard any fat from the surface of liquid in slow cooker.
- Stir in spinach, the heat from the beef mixture should cause it to wilt. Serves 4