March 3…we’ve been renovating for a month… so much has been accomplished!
Wednesday last week painting prep got started which is really exciting because ever since we got the cabinets in, the house has looked the same. Well there have been little changes here and there but mostly the same. They have sprayed all the base and case upstairs which looks amazing and begun spraying downstairs yesterday including priming the fireplace!!
We have more of a unique painting situation as we installed our own:
- Crown moulding in the kitchen
- Valences on the cabinets
- Open shelving at the end of the base cabinets on the range wall
- Cook book shelf over the fridge
- End tape on the cover panel of the island
All of those need to be sprayed to match the kitchen cabinets. Then we have the fireplace mantel which needs to be spray to match the baseboard, window/door casing and doors. After all that they can roll the walls and we are done! Well done painting...
As far as the kitchen goes we still have to:
- Countertop install (Wednesday)
- Install appliance garage on the fridge wall
- Complete the filler panel on the upper cabinets on the fridge wall
- Install the in-the-island microwave
- Back splash
- Install the drawers and shelving
- Put the doors on the cabinets
- Door hardware install
- Appliance delivery
- Hook up the sink, faucet, garborator and instant hot
- Hook up the water line to the fridge
- Install the hood fan
- Hang light fixtures
- Put electrical plates on etc.
It seems like a lot and a little at the same time. As for the rest of the house it’s just some paint and then the carpet installation upstairs. Brendan has to repair a cold air return because when we removed the closet in the mudroom we realized there was a cold air return in the closet wall. We re-routed everything in the mudroom but we have to tie it in in the basement.
In other news the cabinet hardware has arrived!! I selected some from Restoration Hardware. I am soo happy with it. We ordered two more rugs for the front entrance and the master bedroom that should arrive in 10 days. I still need to find a mirror for the powder room and some lamps but nothing major and definitely something I can accomplish over the next few weeks. This week we hope the counter top, carpet and appliances all get delivered and installed.